Social & Human Services - Course Planning

As a student in the Social and Human Services program, you will have access to a wide variety of courses that allow you to explore your interests within the field.

Students interested in substance abuse and mental health counseling may also choose to pursue the Substance Use Disorder Professional Trainee License (SUDP-T) as part of their studies. This certification, combined with your Social and Human Services degree, will help you qualify for the Washington State Department of HealthSubstance Use Disorder Professional (SUD-P). More information regarding Chemical Dependency Studies can be found here:

Chemical Dependency Studies Certificate AAS-T Degree

Note: the majority of our classes are offered hybrid at Seattle Central's Capitol Hill campus. We hold classes day and evening, as well as hybrid.

Two-Year Schedule (pdf)

The Two-Year Course Schedule below is available for student review. Please note that the schedule is subject to change and this is a general guide. It is highly recommended that you make an appointment with the SHS Advisor, Melissa Martinez, to design a two-year plan for your SHS studies. You can reach Melissa by e-mailing her at or make an appointment at

Eligibility for Courses

Students must be eligible for English 099 and Math 087 or Math 091 in order to enroll in SHS courses. Please refer to these sites for direction: Math Placement Tests and English Placement.