**We are accepting Admissions applications for Winter 2021. Priority Application deadline is November 2. Applications submitted after that date will be considered based on space-availability, until November 20. Submit your application as soon as possible**
Get Started on a BAS in Applied Behavioral Science
It has never been easier to continue training for a rewarding career. Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply to begin your studies. Get started today!
- Meet a minimum requirement of a 2.5 GPA
- Have completed (or will complete prior to starting BAS program) an Associate’s degree. Acceptable degrees include the following;
- An AAS, AAS-T, ATA, or AAA degree in Social & Human Services, Early Childhood Education, Chemical Dependency, or a related human service degree
- OR an AA/DTA degree plus 30 credits in Social & Human Services, Early Childhood Education, or Social Sciences. Note: completing these 30 credits of prerequisites does not guarantee admissions to the ABS program
Note, if you are enrolling with a general transfer two-year degree (e.g. AA–DTA), you must complete 30 credits in one of the following concentration areas (Social & Human Services, Early Childhood & Family Studies, or Social Sciences).
Concentration Prerequisite Classes
Students applying to the Applied Behavioral Science bachelor's degree program with a general two-year degree (such as AA-DTA) must complete at least 30 credits in one of the concentration areas below with a minimum 2.0 GPA to be eligible for admissions consideration.
Social Sciences (30 credits)
Eligible courses included would be in the subjects of: Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Political Science, Anthropology and other coursework that is related to the field of Applied Behavioral Science. Interested students should meet with the Manager, Melissa Martinez (Melissa.Martinez@seattlecolleges), to determine course eligibility.
Social and Human Services (30 credits)
- SHS 100: Intro to Human Services (5 credits)
- SHS 103: Social Welfare Policy (5 credits)
- SHS 106: Principles of Interviewing and Counseling (5 credits)
- SHS 108: Group Dynamics & Counseling (5 credits)
- Field Placement (8–10 credits)
Early Childhood and Family Studies (31 credits)
- ECED&105: Intro to Early Childhood Education (5 credits)
- ECED&107: Health, Safety and Nutrition (5 credits)
- EDUC&115: Child Development (5 credits)
- EDUC&150: Child/Family/Community (3 credits)
- ECED&160: Curriculum Development (5 credits)
- CFS 263: Working with Children with Disabilities (3 credits)
- ECED&180: Language Literacy and Development (3 credits) OR CFS 215: Math and Science for Young Children (3 credits)
- ECED&120: Practicum (2 credits)
Steps to Enroll
- If you have never applied for admission to Seattle Central College, complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College.
- If you have questions regarding your eligibility for the BAS degree program, email Melissa Martinez Melissa.Martinez@seattlecolleges.edu
- Submit a completed Applied Behavioral Science application.
- Meet with the Manager, Melissa Martinez, to enroll in classes.