**We are accepting BAS Admissions applications for Winter 2022. Priority Application deadline is October 15. Applications submitted after that date will be considered based on space-availability, until November 26. Submit your application as soon as possible.**
About the Program
Seattle Central College offers a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Applied Behavioral Science that is designed to provide you with the education you need to become a leader in the human services field. This program started in 2009, as the only one of its kind in the region, providing a pathway to a four-year degree and career advancement for students with associate degrees in Social & Human Services, Early Childhood & Family Studies, Chemical Dependency, and other related programs, as well as, General Transfer degrees (e.g.: AA/DTA).
This degree is great for people who are passionate about helping people, solving problems, and promoting positive social change.
An applied Bachelor’s degree in Applied Behavioral Science can qualify you for positions of greater scope and responsibility, including supervisors, project managers, public policy analysts, educators and directors in a wide range of human-focused fields – it all depends on your interests. Our students develop the skills to excel in rewarding careers in a variety of areas, including:
- Social & Human Services
- Mental Health/Counseling
- Chemical Dependency and Rehabilitation
- Youth and Family Support Services
- Early Childhood Education/Child Welfare
- Prevention & Early Intervention
- Community Development and Housing
- Policy and Advocacy
- and many more!
Your applied bachelor’s degree is also a great starting point to advance your education and marketable job skills by earning a Master’s degree or Ph.D.
This applied BAS degree program has an impressive record of students continuing their education at the graduate level. Students are accepted to graduate school programs in-state and out-of-state such as University of WA, Seattle University, City University, Fordham University, Cal State University-Long Beach, University of Hawaii-Manoa, University of Southern California, among many others!
Why this BAS degree program is great for you!
- Intensive education: rigorous curriculum taught by accomplished faculty with doctorate degrees
- Small class sizes: between 20-30 students per class
- Cohort model: a best-practice model used in higher education where students who start the program together take the same courses together fostering a learning community and support network
- Evening on-campus & hybrid courses that work well for working adults
- Strong practical component: 2 required advanced field placements/internships that often lead to employment offers
- Accredited degree that is equivalent to traditional bachelor’s degrees from a 4-year university
- Provides a pathway to a Master’s degree
- Well established structured program; started in 2009 with hundreds of graduates
- A great value! Tuition is thousands of dollars less than at a 4 year college/university
Seattle Central College's Applied Behavioral Science program is intended to meet the educational requirements for licensing/certification in the State of Washington only. Seattle Central College has not determined if the Applied Behavioral Science curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensing/certification in any other state. Additional information about licensure/certification concerns can be found on the NC-SARA webpage. Please contact eLearning with any questions at DisLrn@SeattleColleges.edu.