Get Started in Chemical Dependency

Whether you’re a current student at Seattle Central College or an interested applicant, it’s never been easier to start training for a rewarding career. Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you can begin your studies in any quarter. Get started today!

Eligibility Requirements

  • High school diploma or GED equivalent
    • Don’t have this yet? Seattle Central College offers several programs to help you complete your high school education.
  • Satisfy the writing, reading comprehension and math components of the college admissions test (must be eligible for ENG 101 English Composition I and MAT 084 Algebra I).
Please note that the Washington Department of Health requires those applying for a Chemical Dependency Professional license to hold an associate's degree or higher, in addition to at least 45 hours of relevant coursework. You will complete that relevant coursework during this certificate program, but students who do not already have a degree are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Social and Human Services degree program as well.

Steps to Enroll

  1. Attend an Information Session, or contact the department for more information (optional).
  2. Complete the 5-Step Enrollment Process for Seattle Central College, which includes placement testing and transcript evaluations to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
  3. After admission to Seattle Central, make an appointment with the Division Counselor to determine eligibility to enter the program. Bring a copy of your placement test results and/or college transcripts with you when you meet with the Counselor.
Entrance into the program is on a first-come, first-served basis after prerequisites have been met.

If you have questions about enrolling in the Chemical Dependency Specialist program, contact us for more information.